Monday, January 17, 2011

Any Day Now...

Isn't it funny how quickly nine months can fly by, but the one week you've been waiting for just craaawwwls? I know when we look back on these last few days, we'll talk about how fast they went, but right now time seems to be standing still. I've been getting more uncomfortable and impatient, feeling like there's a strong possibility that I could be pregnant forever (yes, I realize how ridiculous that sounds)! I'm told that's a good sign that the end is near...

I had an appointment today, though, and my midwife seems to think labor is pretty imminent! She said she'd be surprised if I went past my due date (which is THIS Friday, by the way...). It seems unreal to me that we could finally meet our baby by the end of the week. The past year has been the definition of a roller coaster ride - one that I would rather not take again...Pregnancy has been an all-consuming journey for me for the past 13 months, so the idea that a new adventure is about to begin is taking a while to really sink in. I feel so lucky. Jason and I can't wait to meet this blessing!

Here's hoping my next post includes a picture of a beautiful, healthy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment